Most rights on property in our economy and society are related to or covered by Intellectual_property rules and legislation. The most 'famous' type of property or rights would be copyright.
If you are interested in using the platform
Check the file Joining the game which explains more about using any data related to this simulation.
Contributing to the content of the simulation
The basic situation is easy: everything anywhere is copyrighted automatically by law. So all pictures and images which you can find anywhere, even on the internet or social. So keep that in mind when using existing pictures, photos when playing the simulation. There is no copyright or trademark symbol anything needed. So the fact that you can copy something (save as...) doesn't mean you are allowed to do so. Also telling a picture or a photo has copyrights and mentioning the name of the 'owner' is not sufficient. Copyright means you have to have an agreement with the owner. There are a number of exemptions (depending on legislation per country).
Mostly this will be:
- Citation (so short fragments with references). Using a photo is NOT a short reference.
- Creative adding by which the (new) image, music, video or text is a kind of new product
- Education (to a certain extent).
We suggest not to bet on number three and four, but to be safe and chose for images you can use for sure.
There are enough sites with copyright free images, free stock material. Google even offers this search restriction in Google image-search and then use the tab search tools and then chose labeled for reuse.
Flickr and many others sites offer free images (beware which one you chose):
- Shutterstock: not all!
- librestock.com searching in 47 free stock images databases
Good suggestion: make pictures for yourself or make a serious(creative) change to existing material, then reusing it is allowed.
For free sounds, music, and videos go the same! For instance
Release and copyrights platform
If you are a participant in the simulation, be sure to read the page disclaimer. Be sure when working on this game that whatever you post, you have the right to post that picture, photo, video or text without infringing anyone's copyrights. The website is actively monitored but as the entire game is an ongoing real-time process it is hard to oversee all of the changes in all of the media and all of the impacts. All postings are, for that matter, the individual responsibility of the editor of that specific piece of content. Keep in mind; this also goes for social media!
If, by any means, you ended up on this website and think that the content offends your rights in any way, please contact us and we will respond.
Details on content of the simulation
- Attribution. You must give appropriate credits to this platform and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- You may not use the material for commercial purposes
- No Derivatives. If you remix, transform or build upon the material, you may not distribute the modified material.
More on rights and disclaimers
- For more info on our disclaimer Emerald Forest Hotel:General disclaimer which explains what happens to things you upload during the simulation.
→ GO! Top of this page