Joining the game
→ Go! Category:Hotel info
What can the game do for you?
The main intention of the project is to "take over" the Emerald Forest hotel and run it in the best possible way.
Training management skills in coaching, education or training is a key. The perfect way to get:
- Better motivated and trained staff
- Better learning results
- Work on creative solutions and try them out
- Work on team building
- Practice or train specific items you put forth yourself and which can be used in the simulation
- Concrete learning of hotel and hospitality concepts
We have made a short video showing what the Emerald Forest Hotel simulation can do for you:
Partner or industry?
You can apply the game in your university or in your company: we offer different options to effectuate this.
We are also looking for more connections with the (real) hotel-hospitality industry. So if you are representing an international hotel chain, we are looking for ways to cooperate. Check the page sponsor or contact us at emeraldforesthotel at gmail.com
We offer three licenses in using Emerald Forest Hotel
1. Free version
- This platform is usable under Creative Commons: so feel free to use it as it is. Just be sure to refer to the platform and this section.
- You can use the storyline (with over 2,309 pages) and learn from other international teams who participated in this simulation: all concepts.
2. Light version
- You will get the instruction guide How to use Emerald Forest Hotel, with an explanation of all elements and different media, a suggested time planning, suggested use of the storyline etc.
- You will receive a promotional package in support of the game: a roll-up banner, a flag, 50 business cards, 10 medals and 50 door hangers.
- You will get a personalized competition page on the platform for your competition.
- You will be welcomed on our Emerald Forest hotel's media channels by Christina Bergman, former owner of the hotel.
- Your participating teams will be made visible on this platform in All_concepts.
- The logos of your participating teams will be made visible on this platform on a page like 23DE_All_teams_with_logo .
- You can create your own content linked to the storyline, outside of this platform.
The fee for this license will be € 1.350 excl. per year.
'For further customized solutions we can make a quotation.'
3. Fully customized version
On top of the options of the "Light" version, the following elements will be added:
- A fully personalized competition
- Setting up a Facebook group
- Supporting linked social media and moderating
- Creating a personalized competition with teams making their own management decisions
- Each team having its own private Team file documents with decisions and during four 'years': Demo team.
- A WhatsApp group for support
- A training for your coaches, who will manage the game
- We could help you with assignments, personalized messages from Christina (the former owner)
- You could add content to the platform which suits your game and fits in with the storyline
- We could support exchange staff: coaches from different countries supporting each other live during a competition using Erasmus funding e.g.
Please e-mail emeraldforesthotel at gmail for an exact quotation.
We help you do it yourself
We have experience in setting up simulations like this. We could give a basic course in starting building simulation, setting up, basics of a storyline, game mechanics, experiences with technics etc. If you are setting up something like this yourself, you will own it, never be depended on any game offered. An efficient start would require a course of 3 times 4 hours.
What is it about?
The Emerald Forest in a simulation of a hotel which is as realistic as possible. We are using benchmarks from the industry and real-life events to spice up the competition. We have seriously looked into a number of hotels as to find some kind of logic in how to get customers, but also paid special attention to realistic turnover and costs.
A few important elements, as shown in the promotion video, are:
- The simulation is flexible.
- The whole simulation is internet based.
- It is very much linked to social media.
- The case is 90% real, but also virtual. The hotel exists; the Emerald Forest Hotel doesn't...
- It is international and there are many benchmarks and points-of-reference.
- As all teams did start with the same situations you can learn and get inspired by the hundreds of other teams, competitions, cultures, and countries.
- Is based on two competitions: one on profit and one on creativity.
We have some more information on the content of the game on this page.
Your school, institute or company?
As you are the experts in the branch, we would like to invite you to participate in this simulation: a number of colleagues already did.
This can be by:
- Evaluating teams
You are very much welcome to help to evaluate the work done by the contesting teams, be a member of the jury in any competition.
- Having the staff of your company participating as a team
You can form a team (more teams) with your company -or maybe even be a team by yourself- and join in one of the competitions and experience the simulation yourself.
- In-company training
The simulation could also be used for in-company training. As there are a lot of life activities we need to have close contact on this regarding the number of participants etc.
We welcome any comment on the content of the simulation, the content, and f.e. the ratios used in it.
Please browse through the pages on this platform and on any questions contact us!
You can send an e-mail to emeraldforesthotel at gmail.com
If you are a participant in the simulation and have any questions, have a look at Help first, ask your coach.
→ GO! Top of this page